Jack Nicklaus - course details
Shortly after the Second World War, the decision was taken to build another course to alliviate the already overcrowded 18 holes. The 9 hole Xires Course was contructed in 1951 to complement the 18 hole Plan-Bramois . Originally a short, narrow course, the 9 holes were completely transformed to become, at its reopening in July 1988, the "Jack Nicklaus". It was in 1977 that Crans appealed to Jack Nicklaus' enthusiasm and the prospect of building his first golf course in Switzerland. In May 1981, the contract for the construction was signed by the American Champion. It then took a further four years to get the necessary permission before works could start on the 9 holes (6 on the location of the former short golf course and 3 on an adjacent site). Since the summer of 1988, golfers are taking great pleasure in testing themsleves on the "Jack Nicklaus ". An absolute must!